Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
(makes 2 servings)
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1 vanilla bean (split lengthwise and scraped)
1 egg (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pulse the walnuts, sugar and butter in a food processor.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of two 4 inch spring form pans.
3. Bake the walnut crust in a 350F preheated oven until golden brown on the edges, about 8-12 minutes.
4. Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla bean seeds.
5. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
6. Pour the mixture into the spring form pans.
7. Bake in a preheated 325F oven until it is set, about 45-60 minutes.
Note: This recipe makes enough for 2 4 inch spring form pans. Triple the recipe for an 8 inch spring form pan and quadruple the recipe for a 10 inch spring form pan.
1/2 cup raspberries (mashed)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1. Mix the raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and water in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Source: Closet Cooking