This is a delightfully rich cheesecake. The original recipe calls for a chocolate sauce topping. I top mine with a delicious homemade chocolate whipped cream. Chocolate cravings? :)
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
3.5 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix the graham wafer cookie crumbs, cocoa powder, sugar and butter.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of two 4 inch spring form pans.
3. Melt the chocolate and in the heavy cream in a double boiler.
4. Mix the cream cheese and sugar.
5. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
6. Mix in the chocolate.
7. Pour the mixture into the spring form pans.
8. Bake in a preheated 325F oven until it is set, about 45-60 minutes.
Chocolate Sauce (optional)
1 ounce dark chocolate
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1. Melt the chocolate into the corn syrup and heavy cream in a double boiler.
2. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cheesecake.
Note: This recipe makes enough for 2 - 4 inch spring form pans. Triple the recipe for an 8 inch spring form pan and quadruple the recipe for a 10 inch spring form pan.
Recipe Source: Closet Cooking