Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing

My Aunt LaDell makes a yummy Taco Salad. I still don't have her recipe, but the one I use is close... I think. It works for us. It's the Catalina Dressing that makes this salad!
*
*
INGREDIENTS
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 large onion, diced
1 head ice berg lettuce, shredded
1 lb. ground beef, browned and crumbled
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Catalina Salad Dressing
1 bag (7 oz) Doritos chips, crushed
salsa, to top salad with
tortilla chips, to serve
*
DIRECTIONSBrown ground beef in a skillet, drain. Set aside, for a moment to cool slightly.  In a large salad bowl combine: cut lettuce, diced onions, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, kidney beans, ground beef, crushed chips, and salad dressing. Toss gently and serve immediately.
*
This is how I like it:  start with an empty plate.  Add a layer of tortilla chips, crushed slightly.  Now add a layer of crisp lettuce, torn.  Add a large spoonful of taco salad combination. Sprinkle with a little shredded cheese.  Top with salsa.  Ole'!
*
*Now, if you want to do it the way I've had to do it with my picky eaters... I set all the ingredients on the counter along with a plastic container and a lid. My family can put whatever they want into the container and shake it up themselves. As for my husband, he always goes for the flour tortilla. This way, everyone is happy - including mom! :)

Comments

Popular Posts