Terri's Lasagna

I have to admit that my mom's lasagna is my absolute favorite lasagna. But, due to my husband - who is a very picky eater, I have had to create my own lasagna recipe over the years. As soon as he found out I had been using cottage cheese I had to make revisions. So, this is my lasagna recipe, one my children will hopefully say is their absolute favorite - if only for sentimental reasons. :)
*
*
INGREDIENTS
1 lb ground turkey (or beef), cooked and seasoned with basil and oregano
1 jar marinara sauce
ricotta cheese
mozzarella cheese
lasagna noodles, uncooked
basil
oregano
*
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Start with a layer of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
3. Next add a layer of lasagna noodles.
4. Spread with ricotta cheese.
5. Add a layer of ground turkey (or beef).
6. Top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
8. Start all over again with a new layer of marinara sauce, lasagna, ricotta cheese, ground turkey (or beef), mozzarella and a sprinkle of basil and oregano. Continue until your baking dish is filled.
(I recommend leaving a little room at the top - unless you like cleaning your oven.)
9. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
____________________
STEP-BY-STEP IN PHOTOGRAPHS
*




Comments

Popular Posts