Shared by: Maria Litchy - Two Peas and Their Pod
Find it with photos here.
2 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Red pepper flakes, just a dash
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
3-4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes (low sodium)
2 cans (14 oz.) vegetable broth (fat free, low sodium)
2 cups water
3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
12 ounces cheese filled tortellini, fresh or frozen (I like the tri colored kind)
2-3 cups chopped fresh spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in red pepper flakes. Add in zucchini, squash, red pepper and cook until soft. Add in chopped fresh tomatoes. Cook briefly.
2. Stir in canned tomatoes, broth, and water.
3. Add in rosemary. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Stir in tortellini and spinach. Cook until the tortellini is soft and cooked all the way through.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!