These tasty little treats are perfect on those hot summer days. And believe me, where I live here in California there are a lot of hot summer days!
I first tried frozen grapes while I was serving an LDS mission back in Ohio. (Wow, that seems like a lifetime ago!) Let's talk about hot summers... high temperatures, plus the humidity - and the lake effect (whatever role that played). Frozen grapes were a perfect snack to come home to.
Frozen grapes are suprisingly cool and refreshing. Firm and crisp on the outside, and a core that has a texture similar to sorbet. There are plenty of grapes to choose from, I perfer red grapes myself. My husband loves the green grapes. Which one will you choose?
1. It really doesn't matter if you leave the grapes on the vine or pluck them from their stems.
2. Simply rinse them and dry them thouroughly.
3. Spread them in a single layer onto a cookie sheet lined with either
.....a paper towel, waxed paper, or parchment paper.
4. Place them into the freezer.
5. Allow them to freeze for an hour or two.
7. I suppose you could place them into freezer bags - if you have any left.