Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

During my recent visit to Utah, my sister Kim made a cookie she had seen on a local television news show. They were really good and disappeared quickly. Today I decided to make the cookies, but I added my own little sumthin', sumthin'.
*
*
INGREDIENTS
Devil's Food cake mix
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs
*
large marshmallows, cut in half
*
*Optional:
fresh strawberries, sliced
walnuts, toasted
*
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine oil, eggs, and cake mix. It will be thick. Roll into walnut sized balls (I use a medium sized cookie scoop) and place onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and press marshmallow, sticky side down, onto each cookie. Return to oven and bake 1-2 minutes longer, allowing marshmallow to melt. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Pipe on Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. *Add desired embellishments.

Comments

Popular Posts