I needed to make a plate of brownies for church and thought I would try something new. I found this one here from Pip & Ebby. It looked really good.
I will say (probably don't even have to say it) that these are extremely rich and defiantly a guilty pleasure. Note to self: next time cut smaller squares before topping with melted chocolate and chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Would make a cleaner presentation.
19.5 oz boxed chocolate fudge brownie mix
8 oz cream cheese, softened
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
12 oz package of Reese's Pieces candies
One 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons whipping cream
12 large Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare a 19.5-oz. box of chocolate fudge brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the batter in the pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese with a hand-held mixer until fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and creamy peanut butter. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in a 12-ounce package of Reese's Pieces candies.
- Spoon the mixture over the brownie batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cheesecake layer is set and the edges are golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the following ingredients to a small microwaveable bowl: One 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons whipping cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until the chips are melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the cheesecake layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups over the top.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.