This is the best recipe for carmel, its simple and really easy to make. Originally from my cousin Heather's kitchen.
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Corn Syrup
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup and salt into a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Cook on medium heat, continually stirring so it does not burn. Bring to a soft ball stage.
3. When it comes to the softball stage let it sit for 1 minute.
4. Now add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is melted.
5. Optional: After dipping your apple, drizzle milk and white chocolate over them.
This is what happens when you leave the children alone to play... Lyndsey and Kim decided to get ready for the apple war.